Saturday, March 12, 2011

God's Wonderful Blessing

       So...we find a house that we really like and the owner, a very personable 77 years old retiree, offers to do owner financing at 4% interest over 30 years. We pay him 3.2% down. We will be making payments for the next 30 years. He asks "When do you want the first payment due?" I say "May 1st?" He agrees. Cool! After we close on a Thursday (he offered to pay all the lawyer fees or "closing cost"), I get a call on Sunday. He asks me if I'm sitting down. I get worried. He tells me that he has been giving it a lot of thought..."I've been talking to my wife and I layed in bed last night thinking about it," he says. "I have done well and I am in a position to help people. It is rare that I meet someone like myself. I am a plain ol' country boy. What you are doing, teaching those kids and trying to change their future...I just can't do that." He continues, "I figure that if your loan were 0% interest then your payment would be about $70 less each month and you could have it paid off in 20 years instead of thirty." My mouth fell open. "The lawyer will be in around 8:30 and I'm going to be there and tell him to rewrite the promisory note for the loan to 0% for 20 years."
       Have you seen the insurance comercial where the lady is dancing on the table and then it says "5 minutes ago..." and she is on the phone saying "I can save how much on my car insurance?" Well that was almost me. I almost have a shouting jag right there in Captain D's. Have you ever heard of such a thing as this? I called my father in law, who lives near us, and told him that God must really want us to move to this new home in this new town, near my job (6.5 miles to work instead of the 41 mile I have been driving for the past 3 years one way). "I don't know what he wants me to do" I told him. Pop said "Me neither, but what ever it is, you had better do it."
       I have looked over my backtrail many times and have seen where God has guided my path. I can't wait to see what he has in store for us, this time. It's kinda scary to think about, but he said that he would guide ue, walk with us, equip us, and I am excited. I can't wait to start hunting a new church and maybe start a home Bible study group. Pray, people, Pray!

2 comments:

  1. What a story! That was amazing! I can see and feel God so clearly in that! The Lord is awesome and you weren't expecting a miracle, but you got one! Praise God!!! So happy for you and so happy to be a witness to a miracle like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats is wonderfull .. dont have to many things in life like that to happen. blessing for sure.

    ReplyDelete